Juice Fasting Diet Benefits
Have you been thinking of starting a juice fast diet?
A fasting diet has been a recommended mode of healing for thousands of years. At times, its still seems extremely misunderstood by many.
What is Juice Fasting?
Juice fasting is the choice to abstain from food for a period of days and instead consume healthy, vegetable based juices. Choosing to juice helps your body to pre-digest nutrients in the food, which increases absorption and gives your digestion a rest.
Normally we recommend juicing with organic vegetables and the addition of lemon juice and root ginger or turmeric can also enhance the flavor and provide additional health benefits. Sometimes a minimal amount of fruit is also added to these juices from apples and pears. This is particularly useful for those new to juice fasting and adjusting to the new flavors.
Benefits of a fasting diet
Studies have shown and doctors have observed that juice fasting accomplishes relief of symptoms for many people. Here is a list of a few things that fasting has proved beneficial for:
- Arthritis and joint pain
- Blood sugar (hypo and hyperglycemia)
- Chronic fatigue
- Gastrointestinal problems like colitis, crohn’s, diverticulosis, reflux, irritable bowel syndrome
- Breast cysts
- Bad breath
- Heavy metal poisoning
- High blood pressure
- Prostate problems
- Vision problems
- Skin problems (like eczema, hives, psoriasis, dermatitis, psoriasis)
- Lung /breathing issues
- Urinary problems
- If a recipe calls for Kale but you can’t get any Kale or just don’t like Kale, then replace it with Spinach or even Broccoli. It’s okay to replace, substitute, or change up the recipes.
- You should not eat any solids during this 7 Day Juice Fast Plan. It defeats the purpose of it. So stay away from any solids, you’ll be Just On Juice for seven days.
- If you get headaches, or strong cravings, it is normal for the first 2-4 days. Just stay focused and stay on the juice. Make an extra Juice to drink if you feel like you’re about to cave in and eat something solid.
- Drink at least 16 oz of water after each juice meal. Make sure you are drinking plenty of water throughout the day.
- Start each day off by juicing 1/2 lemon (peeled) and mix it with 12-16 ounces of warm to hot water. I do this as soon as I wake up each morning, it’s important to cleanse your digestive system and give you a good boost of energy.
- It’s recommended to have between 4-6 juices per day each consisting of 16-20 ounces. The below list is great to get you started with different juices. You can choose whichever juices you please while on your juice fast. The list takes into consideration you will try them all. So feel free to experiment while on your 7 day juice fast plan!
Note: Please check with doctor before start juice fasting!